Well , for the last few months i have been facing some serious issues in running Visual Studio 2010 as a result of some error messages / bugs .
Here are some of the messages / bugs that i was able to capture .For some of the problems i was able to find the fix/update from the Microsoft Connect website , but for others i am still hunting for one .
1. Catastrophic failure
Puzzled , puzzled and Puzzled 🙁 . Dont know why i got this error .
2. Insufficient available memory to meet the expected demands of an operation at this time , possible due to the virtual address space fragmentation .
I got this message when i frequently did a copy paste in the Visual Studio IDE . Lessons for the Developer , avoid too many copy paste of the code , no matter what IDE you use lolz .
If one of you are getting the same error , then here’s a fix from Microsoft site
- Clipboard CTRL+C often give Error often-give-error
- Insufficient available memory when copy
3. Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program
Again , the problem was because of the copy and paste that resulted in a different error 🙁 .Here’s the fix from the Microsoft Connect
4. Object reference not set to an instance of the object
WOW , an interesting error message that occured when i clicked the Add Reference in the Solution Explorer. Got this error only once but was not able to reproduce the error again…
5. Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown .
6. Preparing Solution and “Unable to use SourceSafe LAN Service,performance of sourceSafe will not be optimal”
I frequently end up getting this message when starting the Visual Studio 2010 which states that the Sourcesafe LAN service performance will not be optimal …
The Preparing Solution along with the progressbar takes atleast 15-20 minutes to load the project , and the CPU usage shoots up to 100 % 🙁
Then atlast comes this , the Visual Studio 2010 terminates with this message .
The machine that i work with has 4GB RAM but still the slowness of running Visual Studio 2010 puzzles me a lot .I never faced any such problem when i worked with Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 .
And now i plan to do a fresh installation of the Visual Studio 2010 in a clean machine hoping to see that visual studio works perfectly ..
I hope to see the updates for the fixes for the Bugs in the Visual Studio 2010 from Microsoft Connect being routed through the Windows Update . but lets see what happens in future 🙂
Update : Well i forgot this , i also installed the Windows Automation API kit to speed up the Visual Studio 2010 .