For this post , i decided to collect some of my favourite quotes related to the programming .
These programming quotes were made by some of the famous personalities in the IT industry .
So , without wasting any time , here are my 10 favourite programming quotes .
- If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in. - Edsger Dijkstra
- The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time. – Tom Cargill
- “There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.”- C.A.R. Hoare
- Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight. – Bill Gates
- “Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.” – Martin Golding
- “The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it’s too late.” – Seymour Cray
- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. – Rick Cook
- “Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris.” – Larry Wall
- “Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday’s code.” – Christopher Thompson
- Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen. – Edward V Berard
What is your favourite or interesting programming quote ?