13 useful Coding Guidelines documents for C# Developers
I was recently reading a book “Encodo C# Handbook” that includes the guidelines on naming for C# etc …
There are quite a few coding standard documents available and here i list few of thems which i came across .
Although you might find many documents , the key here is to follow guidelines and implement them which is important when working in Teams .
Here are the list of C# Coding Guidelines document
- Microsoft’s All-In-One Code Framework Coding Guideline
- Design Guidelines for Developing Class Libraries – New one for .NET Framework 4 – You can also find the above document for the earlier versions of Framework in MSDN .
- C# Coding Standards document by Lance Hunt – pretty old but should be useful
- Coding Guidelines for CSharp 3.0 and 4.0 by aviva Solutions – The downloads here includes the coding guidelines , Visual Studio 2010 rule sets and ReSharper 5 Code Style
- Philips Healthcare – C# Coding Standard
- Encodo C# Handbook
- .NET/SQL/TFS Code & Application Design by SSW - This includes not just for C# but also for SQL Server , Project Management etc .
- SharpDevelop C# Coding Style Guide 0.3 by Mike Kruegar
- C# Coding Guidelines by Validio Software
- The IDesign C# Coding Standard, for development guidelines and best practices
- C# Coding Guidelines by agamura
- C# Coding Standards and Best Programming Practices by DotnetSpider
- Book : Framework Design Guidelines: Conventions, Idioms, and Patterns for Reusable .NET Libraries (2nd Edition)Microsoft .NET Books)
Do you use the documents anything else apart from the above one’s ? , feel free to add them in the comment section .