Microsoft has made the Windows 8 Developer Preview available for Download on its site .
It was a cool 2 and half hour presentation at Windows Build Conference where the presenter demoed some really cool features of Windows 8 .
If you are one of the developers who would love to try Microsoft WIndows 8 , you can do it by downloading the Windows 8 Developer Preview from Microsoft new Devcenter site
The Developer Preview comes in 3 different flavours .
1. Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)
- 64-bit Windows Developer Preview
- Windows SDK for Metro style apps
- Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express for Windows Developer Preview
- Microsoft Expression Blend 5 Developer Preview
- 28 Metro style apps including the BUILD Conference app
2. Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)
This includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 64-bit PC.
3. Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86)
This includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 32-bit PC
Microsoft has also defined some system requirements to try WIndows 8 Developer Preview
Windows Developer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
If you dont have another machine or not ready to have a dual boot to try out Windows 8 , try using VMWare or VirtualBox .
Download Windows 8 Developer Preview here