Microsoft is organising Windows 8 First Apps Contest which will select eight winning apps to be the very first apps in the Windows Store when it opens .
The Windows 8 First Apps Contest ensd on February 3 , 2010 and includes 2 Rounds
- Round 1: ending on January 8, 2012
- Round 2 – Finals: ending on February 3, 2012
For the first round , you should create a Windows 8 Metro Style App meeting the guidelines as per the contest official rules and complete the official entry form with the relevant details .
During the 2nd Round , the finalists will be asked to join the Beta Program to update the Beta Build of Windows 8 from Microsoft Connect website and the developers will be asked to update thei app to run Windows 8 Build and submit their app to the Windows Store.
Read the complete rules of Windows 8 First Apps Contest here
Not just that , the Winning developers will also get a chance to win the following as per the contest website
- A Samsung Windows Developer Preview PC from the BUILD conference, so you can test your apps with touch and sensors
- One year of Windows Azure, so you can build apps that feel connected and alive
- A two-year subscription to the Store, so you can continue to update and improve your app
Know more about the Windows 8 First Apps Contest from the Contest website