Yesterday, Microsoft had officially announced Windows Phone 8 that has some interesting set of features.
It was also announced that the existing Windows Phone devices running Windows Phone 7.X will not receive the Windows Phone 8 update .Instead these Phones will get an update called “Windows Phone 7.8”.
- Windows Phone 8 will have the same core/kernel used in Windows 8.
- Windows Phone 8 will also feature new higher resolutions: 1280×768 and 1280×720.
- Support of MicroSD cards and NFC is another notable feature
- Windows Phone 8 will also support encryption, secure boot (feature especially for IT Professional) and Enterprise App deployment for Line of Business Apps.
- Internet Explorer 10 will also be part of Windows Phone 8 and thus providing the same engine as uses in Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8.
- Built In Nokia Maps
- New Colors, more customization and different sizes makes the Windows Phone Start Screen look cool
- More good news for the developers. Currently, Windows Phone Apps can be developed using C#, VB.NET and F# (via additionally downloadable templates) . With the Windows Phone 8 , developers can use C , C++ ( Native development) too using DirectX which is part of the Apollo build .
Windows Phone 8 devices are expected to be available sometime during the Quarter 4 of 2012.