This article will explain how to import text file into Microsoft Excel 2007 Worksheet. When you have the files in different format like text, image
etc. there may be cases where you want it to as it is for your further need. For eg you have salary detail list in “.txt” format and you want it to import for excel and add few more details. How to import text file into Microsoft Excel 2007? Here is how you can do it, 1.
Say you have a text file on your desktop named “Salary_details.txt” like as follow,
2. To import this to your excel follow the below a. Launch “Microsoft Excel 2007”. b. In “Microsoft Excel 2007” Navigate to Menu bar and click “new excel worksheet” and select “blank document” c. Navigate to menu bar and click on Data tab and from select “From Text”.
3. After you select it you can see a window box named “Import Text File” select your needed file in the above Eg I am selecting “Salary_details.txt” and click “Import” 4. Now a Wizard box named “Text Import Wizard – Steps 1 to 3” will be open select “Delimited” if you want the file data to be separated by proper space and hyphen, above eg the steps will be
- Select Delimited.
- Let the “Tab” filed be selected.
- Let the “General” filed be selected.
- Select cell number where you want the file to be displayed
Now you can see your text file content being displayed on your excel sheet.