Recently, I had the opportunity to read the book “Mastering Windows 8 C++ App Development” – A practical guide to developing Windows Store apps with C++ and XAML.
The book is written by Paul Yosifovich and is published by Packt Publication .Paul Yosifovich is a Microsoft MVP. He has also authored the book “Windows Presentation Foundation 4.5 Cookbook“.
The book includes 9 interesting chapters on Windows 8 and C++ development.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Windows 8 Apps
- Chapter 2: COM and C++ for Windows 8 Store Apps
- Chapter 3: Building UI with XAML
- Chapter 4: Layout, Elements, and Controls
- Chapter 5: Data Binding
- Chapter 6: Components, Templates, and Custom Elements
- Chapter 7: Applications, Tiles, Tasks, and Notifications
- Chapter 8: Contracts and Extensions
- Chapter 9: Packaging and the Windows Store
The book provides the basic understanding of the Windows Store Apps using C++ and XAML and later moves on with the advanced the advanced concepts.
The book starts with the introduction to Windows 8 and its features and then the new concepts in C++. Later the features of Windows 8 like Push notifications, Contracts, Background tasks and Packaging and deployment is covered.
If are a C/C++ developer and wish to get started with the Windows 8 App development, this book will provide necessary information to build Windows Store Apps.
Want to know more about the book “Mastering Windows 8 C++ App Development”? Check Packt Publication library to know more.