Yesterday , TomTom has announced new range of GPS sport watches in India which is available for purchase from flipkart.com.
These GPS sport watches included TomTom Runner , Multi-Sport GPS and TomTom Runner Cardio .
The TomTom Runner and Multi-Sport GPS watches deliver real-time information such as time, distance, heart rate, pace, speed and calories burnt to runners, cyclists and swimmers.
The TomTom Runner GPS watch is priced at 12,999 INR and TomTom Multi-Sport GPS is priced at 15,499 INR.
The TomTom Runner Cardio which was also launched has a built-in heart rate monitor to help runners measure heart rate without the need for a separate, bulky and uncomfortable chest strap. An extra-large display, full-screen graphical training tools and the industry’s first one-button control make it easy for fitness enthusiasts to access real-time information to help them achieve their goals.
The TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch and the TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio Watch are priced at 20,999 INR and 23499 INR respectively.
The new range of GPS sport watches are available for purchase from Flipkart.com
The new range of GPS sport watches from TomTom provides some advanced features designed for needs of runners and multi-sport enthusiasts . These include
1. Extra Large, High-Resolution Display
The new TomTom watches feature an extra-large, high-resolution and high-contrast display that makes it easy for runners and multi-sport enthusiasts to quickly see their distance, time and pace while they workout even in bright sunshine.
2. Graphical Training Partner
The new watches feature TomTom’s Graphical Training Partner. Easy-to-read full-screen graphics help users get the most out of their workouts. They can view their real-time performance at-a-glance with three graphical training modes:
- Race: Race against a personal best or most recent run. Quickly track performance with real-time graphics, to continue to improve run-after-run.
- Goal: Set a distance, time or calorie goal and see progress toward that goal with simple, full-screen graphics and alerts.
- Zone: Set a target for pace or heart-rate (with optional heart-rate monitor) and track progress in a simple full-screen graph throughout a workout.
3. One-Button Control
The new TomTom range includes an intuitive One-Button Control that enables users to easily navigate up-down-left-right through menus to access key stats and watch features. Unlike the majority of existing GPS watches on the market that feature multiple small and hard-to-operate buttons, the one-button control is easy to operate while moving and can be easily controlled in all weather conditions and while wearing gloves.
- Indoor tracker: Accurately track indoor runs using built-in sensors to count strides, so that users can monitor pace and distance even while running on a treadmill.
- Ultra-slim design: Run with a lightweight watch crafted for runners using a sleek design, which comfortably fits all wrist sizes.
- Quick GPS fix: Get started faster by using the latest in GPS and GLONASS satellite technology to quickly find precise locations.
- Multi-platform compatibility: Sync, analyse and share stats on popular running sites and community platforms, including the TomTom MySports website, MapMyFitness, RunKeeper, TrainingPeaks and Strava.
- Super-tough display: Run with a durable, super-tough, scratch-and-impact-resistant display that remains easy-to-read, run after run.
- Weather and water-resistant: Run in all kinds of weather. Waterproof up to 165 feet / 5ATM.
- Long-lasting battery: Run more, recharge less, with up to 8 hours battery life (GPS+HR), up to 10 (GPS only)
- Bluetooth® smart: Connect to sensors using the latest wireless technology.
In addition to the above features, TomTom Runner Cardio also includes: Heart Rate Zones to train in one of five intensity zones:
- Sprint: Mostly used as part of interval training
- Speed: High-tempo training to improve your speed and fitness
- Endure: Moderate to high-tempo training to improve your lung and heart capacity
- Fat-burn: Moderate tempo training, great for weight loss
- Easy: Easy tempo training, mostly used for warm-up and cool down
TomTom Multi-Sport includes all the features of TomTom Runner, and additionally has attributes for multi-sport athletes to track their distance, time, speed and other key metrics when they cycle or swim. The enhanced option is a dedicated bike mount to easily see key stats at a glance.