This blog post on the C# Questions and Answers – Data Types Part 1 focuses on C# multiple choice interview questions on data types.
C# Questions and Answers – Data Types – Part 1
1. Which of the below data types are value types ?
Answer : (c) and (d) Long and Integer are value types in C# whereas Array and String are reference types.
2. What is the default type of number without decimal points ?
a. Long Int
b. Unsigned Long
d. Unsigned Int
Answer : (c) Int.
3. What is the range of values that is supported by float data type ?
Answer : 1.5 * 10 ^-45 to 3.4 * 10 ^38
4. What is the default value of the boolean datatype in C# ?
Answer : False
5. Which datatype from the below is a 8 byte integer ?
Answer : long
6. which datatype from the below is a 16 byte integer ?
Answer : decimal
7. How to convert an integer to hexadecimal number in C# ?
Answer : use the X format string as shown below.
8. How do you find the difference between two dates in C# ?
Answer : You can find the Difference in terms if the TimeSpan as shown below.
DateTime d1 = new DateTime(2014,10,1);
DateTime d2 = new DateTime(2014,11,1);
TimeSpan differencedays = d2 – d1;
var diffDay = differencedays.Days.
9. What is the default datatype of a number with decimal points ?
Answer : double
10. Can Mod operator (%) be used with the float data types ?
Answer : No