Microsoft has officially announced the launch of Visual Studio 2010 and .Net Framework 4.0 at the Microsoft TechED.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 is available in three editions:
- VS 2010 Professional
- VS 2010 Premium
- VS 2010 Ultimate
You can download the free trial of the Visual Studio 2010 here .
There is also an Express Edition available for Download. ( http://www.microsoft.com/express/ ) .
The DreamSpark students can download the Visual Studio 2010 Professional and Express Editions from the DreamSpark Website .
MSDN Subscribers / Website Spark / BizSpark subscribers can also download the final Release .
Some of the Features of the .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 include.
- Named and Optional Parameters that is part of VB.NET for some time and is included in C# 4.0
- IDE based on WPF.
- F# (F-Sharp) – a functional programming language included .
- code analysis to help us avoid common mistakes.
- Ribbon Development
- Dashboards for displaying project status .
The above are just an sample list of features , there are plenty more for me to explore.
Here are some of the Links and References to get started Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0 Development .
- What’s new in Visual Studio 2010
- C# Developer Center
- Visual Basic Developer Center
- VC++ Developer Center
- How Do I? Videos for Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio 2010 Showcase from Devx
Here’s a free ebook Download Moving to Visual Studio 2010 e-book from the Microsoft Download Center