Recently , I was discussing something related to the topic on how to motivate the developers . Although , the discussion was not a serious one but the discussion had quite a few interesting points and here’s I list out few points which we were able to discuss .
Motivating a Development Team
- Better Configuration for their Computers – Most of the developers would like to work on a super speed system with good amount of RAM and also multiple monitors (if possible).
- Great Tools to work – The development environment might have a big impact on the way the developers work . They need the necessary tools that does the work for them . May be giving the latest versions of the softwares would help them.
- Good Internet Speed.
- Good amount of time for the developers to learn or update their skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Proper Communication from the management about their expectations and clear goals or milestones.
- Celebrations when there is something achieved by the team mates.
- Free Drinks (Non-alcoholic) , Healthy snacks .
- Good Team understanding and decrease the number of meetings (if possible).
- Interesting projects or problems to work with.
Are there any other items which can be added / removed from the above list . Free feel to share it in the comments section.